It’s never too early to practice your holiday recipes!
Yield: one cheesecake
You will need:
For the cheesecake:
- 2 8oz packages of cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Optional: peppermint bark for topping
For the crust:
- 35 Oreos
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- Let’s start with the crust. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and have your pie tin or springform pan ready.
- Crush 35 Oreos in a food processor until it resembles fine crumbs.
- In a large bowl, combine the crushed Oreos with melted butter and mix.
- Press the crust mixture down into a pie tin or springform pan. I use the bottom of a cup to evenly press the crust into the pan.
- Bake the crust in the oven for 8-10 minutes and let cool.
- For the cheesecake, add cream cheese and sugar into a large bowl. Use a hand mixer to beat the cream cheese and sugar together until smooth.
- Add in each egg one at a time, mixing in between. Then add peppermint extract and mix one last time. The cheesecake batter should be smooth and almost fluffy, no lumps.
- Pour the batter into the crust. Use the back of a spoon to evenly distribute the batter.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Check in after 20 minutes to see the color of the cheesecake. If it is starting to turn yellow or golden yellow you can cover it with a foil tent to keep it from changing too much.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 1 hour before chilling in the fridge for at least 4 hours, ideally overnight.
- When ready to serve, cut into slices and top with peppermint bark. Enjoy!