A summer dessert mash up!
Yield: about 6 whoopie pies
You will need:
For the whoopie pie:
- 1 & 1/3 cups graham crackers (about 4 graham cracker sheets), crushed
- 2/3 cups flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
For the filling:
- Fluffernutter or marshmallow topping
- chocolate ganache or chocolate frosting
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar together.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Scoop out 2 tablespoons of whoopie pie batter onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving 2 inches between each scoop.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 20 minutes.
- When cooled and ready to serve, layer one whoopie pie half with chocolate ganache (or frosting) and the other whoopie pie half with Fluffernutter (or marshmallow topping) and make into a sandwich. Enjoy!