The perfect one-bite treat
Yield: about 20 cheesecake bites
You will need:
For the crust:
- 8 whole graham crackers
- 2 & 1/2 tablespoons melted butter
- Pinch of salt
For the cheesecake:
- 8 ounces (one package) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cherry purée (for topping)
- Cherries (for topping)
- Let’s start with the crust. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a mini muffin tin or line with tin liners.
- In a small bowl, melt the butter.
- Crush the graham crackers until it resembles small crumbs and dust.
- Mix butter and graham crackers together, add salt, and mix again.
- Fill each muffin tin with enough crust to cover the bottom.
- Set aside. Now time for the cheesecake filling.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese with powdered sugar until smooth.
- Add vanilla and egg, mix until smooth.
- Optional: add a tablespoon of cherry purée into the cheesecake filling.
- Fill the muffin tins with cheesecake filling.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, rotating the muffin tin 1/2 way through baking.
- When done baking, let the cheesecake rest for 30 minutes, then transfer to set up in the fridge for 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, top with cherry purée and a cherry. Enjoy!