I could eat these for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!
Yield: about 12 biscuits
You will need:
- 2 cups flour
- 8 tablespoons butter, cold
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Butter, melted for topping
- Sea salt, for topping
- Honey, for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and lightly grease a baking sheet or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine butter, baking powder, and flour. The mixture should look like crumbs.
- Add in the eggs and milk. Mix until dough begins to form.
- Place dough on a well floured surface and begin to fold the dough over itself. Rotate the dough and continue to fold. Repeat this about 5 times. If the dough is sticky, add a little bit of flour to your hands and the surface of the dough.
- Flatten the dough out to 3/4” thick using your hands, a rolling pin is not ideal for this. Use a biscuit cutter or a round cup to cut out biscuits and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Use the scraps to make more biscuits.
- For a golden brown top, brush the biscuits with melted butter. Bake in the over for 12 to 14 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and brush once more with melted butter. Sprinkle sea salt over the biscuits while the butter is melted so it will stick. When ready to serve, drizzle honey on top and enjoy!