I’ll be making these all summer!
Yield: about 18 cookies
You will need:
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 & 1/2 cups gluten free measure for measure flour (I like King Arthur’s gluten free flours)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until smooth and fluffy.
- Add in the egg, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Mix until combined.
- Add in the remaining dry ingredients and mix to form the cookie dough. Scrape down the sides of the bowl to incorporate any unmixed ingredients.
- Scoop out a little over a tablespoon of dough into a ball and place on the prepared cookie sheet. Allow 2 inches of space between each cookie in case they spread out while baking.
- For thick cookies, chill the dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before baking. For flat cookies you can chill the dough for a few minutes or bake immediately.
- Bake in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes. The cookies should be removed from the oven just before turning golden yellow.
- Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes, enjoy!