Are these not the cutest things you’ve ever seen?
Yield: 12 cupcakes
You will need:
For the cupcakes:
- 1 & 1/4 cup gluten free measure for measure flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the frosting:
- 1/3 cup strawberry purée
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tin with liners.
- For the cupcakes: In a large bowl, cream the butter and the sugar together. Add in wet ingredients and mix until combined. Add in dry ingredients and mix until well incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl to ensure there are no clumps of unmixed flour. Fill the muffin tins about 3/4 of the way full. Bake in the oven for 18 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 20 minutes.
- For the frosting: Cream the butter with the sugar. Add in the vanilla extract and continue mixing. Slowly add in the strawberry purée and mix as you go. Put the frosting in a piping bag or a container and chill until ready to use. When the cupcakes are fully cooled you can frost and decorate as you please. Enjoy!