Double chocolate cookies dipped in even more chocolate 🙂
Yield: 12 cookies
You will need:
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, for cookie dough
- 1/2 cup to 3/4 chocolate chips, for dipping
- flaky sea salt, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a cookie sheet or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and the sugar together.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract. Mix to combine.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix until the dough begins to form. Fold in the chocolate chips, excluding the ones set aside for dipping later.
- Form cookie dough into balls about 1 to 1 & 1/2 tablespoons in size. Spread them out on the cookie sheet leaving about 2 inches between each in case the cookies spread.
- CHILL THE DOUGH for at least 20 minutes before baking.
- Bake in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 20 minutes. Transfer the cookies to parchment paper when they are cooled.
- When cookies are cool, melt the chocolate chips that were set aside for dipping. Dip 1/2 of each cookie in the melted chocolate and place them back on the parchment paper. Sprinkle the cookies with flaky sea salt while the chocolate is still wet.
- Let the chocolate set, this usually takes about a half hour. Enjoy!