My go-to recipe when I have extra strawberries in the house!
Yield: 12 cookies
You will need:
- 1/2 cup of chopped strawberries
- 2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 10 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and the sugars.
- Add in the egg, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Mix to combine.
- Add in the remaining dry ingredients, not the strawberries, and mix until the dough begins to form into a ball. Try to fully incorporate the dry ingredients, no lumps in the dough.
- Fold in the strawberries.
- Scoop out about 1 & 1/2 tablespoons of dough onto a cookie sheet and space the cookies out about 2 inches apart just in case they spread while baking.
- CHILL THE DOUGH for at least 30 minutes to an hour before you bake or else the cookies will spread out while baking.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease or line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes in the oven, the cookies should be just turning golden brown along the edges.
- Let cool for 10 to 15 minutes, enjoy!