Let’s make dessert for breakfast 🙂
Yield: 6 to 8 pancakes
You will need:
For the pancakes
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon coffee extract
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the filling & toppings:
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- cocoa powder, for dusting
- chocolate covered espresso beans (optional)
- Grease a pancake griddle or pan and let preheat on a medium heat setting.
- Let’s start with the pancake batter. In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients until well incorporated.
- Add in the wet ingredients and mix on a medium speed or until the batter is free from any clumps of flour.
- Heat a pan or pancake griddle on a stove top with a medium heat setting. Use butter or non-stick spray to grease the surface.
- Pour the batter onto the surface to your desired size (I usually pour 1/4 cup of batter).
- Wait until bubbles form on the surface of the batter, then flip to let each side get golden brown.
- Remove the pancake from the stove. Grease the pan/griddle and continue making pancakes with remaining batter.
- For the mascarpone filling, mix the mascarpone with the powdered sugar until smooth and fluffy. Layer the filling between pancakes to build a stack. Dust cocoa powder on top of the last pancake and top with chocolate covered espresso beans.