Take these on your next social distancing hike!
Yield: about 10 bars
You will need:
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- pick your favorite mix ins: chocolate chips, raisins, peanuts, almonds, pretzels, caramel chips, a swirl of peanut. butter, get creative!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9×5 or 9×9 pan with butter. For thicker bars use the 9×5, for thinner bars use a 9×9.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and the sugar together.
- Add in the egg and vanilla, mix to combine.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix, make sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl!
- Add in your mix-ins and gently fold them into the batter.
- Put the cookie dough into your pan of choice and spread it out to make an even layer covering the whole pan evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 20 to 30 minutes so that the bars are easier to cut, enjoy!