Ready for Easter baking?
Yield: 12 cupcakes
You will need:
For the cupcakes:
- 1 & 3/4 cup King Arthur Measure for Measure Gluten Free flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the frosting:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- optional: add some cinnamon! 1-2 teaspoons
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake tin with liners or grease with nonstick spray.
- In a medium sized bowl, finely grate carrots until reaching 1 cup or 8 ounces. Set aside for now.
- In a large bowl, mix all wet ingredients until combined.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Fold in finely grated carrots. Scrape down the sides of the bowl to make sure all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Fill each cupcake tin about 3/4 of the way full with carrot cake batter.
- Bake in the oven for 20 to 24 minutes, checking in after 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- Now time to make the frosting, in a large bowl mix the butter and cream cheese for 2 minutes until smooth.
- Add the powdered sugar and vanilla (and optional cinnamon) and mix until fluffy and smooth.
- After the cupcakes are fully cooled, decorate with cream cheese frosting.