Satisfy your sweet tooth with chocolate for breakfast!
Yield: depends on the size of your waffle maker! I use a mini waffle maker and get about 6 waffles out of this recipe.
You will need:
- 3/4 cup King Arthur’s Gluten Free Measure for Measure Flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 & 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- optional: 1/4 to 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- In a medium size bowl, mix all dry ingredients together.
- Gradually add in milk, butter, and egg. Mix until combined.
- Optional: fold in chocolate chips
- Plug in your waffle maker and let it preheat, grease/spray the surface
- Pour in batter (amount of batter depends on the size of your waffle maker, I pour 2 tablespoons in mine) and let cook until firm and crisp on the edges. Continue until remaining batter is gone.
- Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
My favorite toppings:
- Strawberries and whipped cream
- Peanut butter
- Confectioners sugar
- Sliced banana