so easy to make! let’s have cake!
Yield: 1 nine inch round cake
You will need:
- 4 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a 9 inch cake pan with parchment paper. This works much better than greasing the pan with butter.
- In a medium sized saucepan, melt the butter and the chocolate together over medium heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs together.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat when the butter and chocolate are fully melted and add in the honey, vanilla, and salt.
- Slowly whisk in the eggs and stir, you don’t want the eggs to cook!
- Pour batter into cake pan and bake for 15-20 minutes. Check on the cake after 15 minutes, the center should jiggle slightly when it is done baking.
- Let the cake rest for 15 minutes before trying to remove it from the cake pan.
- Once removed, let chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Enjoy!
- Ice cream
- Whipped cream