A twist on a classic New England sandwich!
Yield: 12 cookies
You will need:
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 & 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 8 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- about 1/4 cup of fluff (depends on how much you put on each cookie)
- In one bowl or stand mixer, combine all dry ingredients.
- Add in peanut butter and brown sugar, beat until well combined.
- Add in egg and vanilla, beat until well combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl to make sure all ingredients are well mixed and there are no chunks.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour. This prevents the cookies from spreading out too thin when they are baking.
- When nearly done chilling, preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or non-stick spray.
- Scoop out about 1 tablespoon of cookie dough onto the tray and place them about 2 inches apart.
- Use the back of the cookie scoop or spoon to create a little dent in the center of the dough, and place about a teaspoon of fluff into the center. Put a little bit of cookie dough on top of the fluff.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. When done, the cookies will start to crinkle and stop spreading.
- Let the cookies set and cool for 10 minutes, enjoy!