Perfect for a Galentine’s Day party!
Yield: I cut my 9×9 pan of cheesecake into 9 squares but feel free to divide it up any way you’d like
You will need:
For the crust:
- 24 Oreos, crumbed
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
For the reduction:
- 1/2 cup of fresh or frozen raspberries
For the cheesecake filling:
- 16 ounces cream cheese, soft/room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 10-15 fresh raspberries
- optional: zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and lightly grease a 9×9 pan with butter or line with parchment paper. The butter in the cookie crust should prevent it from sticking to the pan, but I like to do this just in case.
- For the crust, crush 24 Oreos until crumbed (no cookie chunks). In one bowl, mix cookie crumbs with melted butter. Press the crust into a 9×9 pan. You want an even layer of crust all the way around the pan. I like to use the back of a spoon or a flat bottom glass to firmly press the crust into the pan.
- For the reduction, heat raspberries in a saucepan on medium heat. As the berries release their liquid, crush them with a spoon and let the berries simmer. After two minutes of simmering, run the berries through a sift over a small bowl to separate the seeds from the reduction. Discard the seeds and let the reduction cool.
- For the filling, in a large bowl beat the cream cheese until it is soft. Add in milk, vanilla, and sugar. Mix on a low setting until combined. Add in eggs one at a time and mix on low. When perfectly smooth, pour filling on top of the crust.
- Top the filling with the raspberry reduction. I use a tooth pick to make pretty swirls. Then top with fresh raspberries. Bake for 40 minutes and check the cheesecake with a tooth pick. The edges should be just turning golden brown and the cheesecake should jiggle a little if you shake it in the pan.
- Let the cheesecake cool for 1 hour at room temperature, then move the cheesecake to the refrigerator to cool for an additional 4 hours. I like to cool mine overnight if possible.
- When ready to serve, remove the cheesecake from the pan and cut into bars. Enjoy!