Starting off 2020 strong with yummy gluten-free and dairy-free waffles!
Yield: It depends on the size of your waffle maker! I used a mini waffle maker and got 6 waffles from this recipe.
You will need:
- 1 cup King Arthur Gluten–Free Flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (I use Silk Almond Milk)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your waffle maker
- In one bowl, add in all dry ingredients and mix them until combined
- In the same bowl, add in all wet ingredients and mix until well incorporated
- When the waffle maker is done heating, lightly grease the iron surface to ensure the waffle will not stick
- Pour in the recommended amount of batter (for a 4″ waffle maker I used 1/4 cup of batter)
- Keep an eye on the waffle to make sure it doesn’t burn!
- Be careful removing the waffle from the iron
- Finish with toppings of your choice and enjoy!
My favorite toppings:
- sliced strawberries, or other fruit
- peanut butter or Nutella
- cinnamon and sugar
- marshmallows and melted chocolate
- maple syrup and whipped cream