Inspired by Food52’s recipe with a twist!
Yield: about 12 mini cheesecakes
You will need:
- For the filling
- 16 ounces plain cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- For the crust
- 1 cup Oreos (crushed)
- 3 tablespoons butter (melted)
- For topping
- 12 strawberries
- optional: chocolate sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease or line a muffin pan
- For the crust: finely crush the Oreos so there are no large chunks. Melt the butter and mix it with the crushed Oreos. Scoop about 1/2 tablespoon into each tin and flatten the crusts with the back of a spoon. Bake the crusts in the oven for 8 minutes. When done, let rest for 10 minutes.
- For the filling: In a large bowl, whip the cream cheese for about 2 minutes to get it fluffy. Add in the eggs and whip for another minute, then add in the vanilla and sugar and whip until the ingredients are well incorporated.
- When the crusts are done cooling, scoop cheesecake batter into each muffin liner (about 2 tablespoons, or to the brim of the liner)
- Bake mini cheesecakes in the oven for 18 minutes. Before taking them out of the oven, make sure the centers are set and not wet. Let rest out of the oven for 15 minutes, then refrigerate them for about an hour. Once fully cooled and cold, top with sliced strawberries and enjoy!
Other topping ideas for mini cheesecakes:
- chocolate sauce or Nutella
- Reece’s Peanut Butter Cups and peanut butter
- blueberries, raspberries, or cherries