muffins so fudgy you won’t notice the difference!
Yield: about 16 muffins
You will need:
- 2 cups King Arthur Gluten Free Measure for Measure Flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 & 1/4 cups non-dairy milk (I use dark chocolate Silk)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 & 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- optional: 1/3 cup confectioners sugar (for dusting after baking only)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tin with muffin liners, parchment paper, or grease lightly with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, add all dry ingredients one by one and lightly stir them together.
- In the same bowl, add the wet ingredients.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients until well incorporated. You don’t want any pockets or crumbs of flour left on the sides or the bottom of the bowl!
- Add in chocolate chips and loosely mix.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin tins filling each cup half way, leave room for the muffins to rise!
- Bake in the oven for 18-22 minutes. After 18 minutes, poke a toothpick in the center of one of the muffins to ensure they are cooked all the way through before taking them out of the oven.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes, enjoy!
- Optional: dust about 1/3 cup of confectioners sugar over the muffins when they are cooled for cute decoration.