ditch the bug spray and fire starter logs, let’s make s’mores indoors
Yield: 12 – 15 cookies
You will need:
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 & 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup crushed graham crackers
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows or chopped marshmallows
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped Hershey’s chocolate
Tips: This recipe can easily be made gluten free by swapping flour for King Arthur’s Gluten-Free Measure for Measure Flour. Using a stand mixer will save time and ensure the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Preheat oven for 350 degrees and line a sheet pan with parchment paper (or lightly grease the pan with butter)
- In one bowl, add butter and both sugars. Cream this mixture until combined on a medium mix setting.
- Add vanilla, egg, and salt to the bowl and mix on low.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix on low until the dough is crumbles. I like to hand mix the dough when it is in this state but you can mix with a spoon until the dough resembles a big ball of cookie dough.
- Optional: chill dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to keep the cookies from spreading out flat when baking in the oven
- Scoop and form 1″ dough balls and place on the parchment leaving room (about 2″) between the cookies incase they spread while baking
- Bake cookies in the oven for 12 minutes, the cookies should be golden brown and the marshmallows can get some color as well.
- When done baking, let cookies cool for 5 – 10 minutes and enjoy!
Don’t limit yourself to traditional s’mores toppings! I like to switch up my recipe adding in:
- chopped Reese’s cups
- chocolate marshmallows
- swirl in some Nutella or peanut butter
- chopped up Rolos
- broken bits of pretzels